Risktec currently has vacancies across a range of UK locations, and with overseas opportunities, for consultants experienced in risk and safety studies for oil, gas, chemical and clean energy facilities.
Risktec Solutions is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. We help clients to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk in sectors where the impact of loss is significant. Formed in 2001, Risktec has grown consistently, establishing offices across the UK and internationally, and we firmly believe a contributing factor to this growth, and what differentiates us in the marketplace, are our values and culture, our approach, independence, innovation and knowledge sharing. Our people are high calibre professionals, with a strong focus on meeting clients’ expectations, and this is reflected in our exceptionally high client satisfaction feedback. Further information is available at www.risktec.tuv.com.
Risktec has a number of vacancies across the company and in particular we are looking for experienced risk and safety consultants and workshop facilitators to be based in our Warrington, London, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh offices to support clients in one or more of the following sectors:
· oil and gas (offshore and onshore)
· clean energy
· chemical manufacturing, handling and storage
The successful candidate will be part of an energetic, expanding team, and will be expected to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues on multiple projects in a supportive, progressive environment.
Depending on level of experience, the role will help deliver and possibly lead technical safety projects nationally and internationally. These projects cover a wide range of facilities and plant, processes and operations, for example:
· offshore oil and gas exploration, production, decommissioning
· carbon capture, transport, injection and storage
· hydrogen generation and distribution
· rDME manufacturing and distribution
· onshore and offshore wind energy
This permanent position would involve travel to UK and world-wide locations to meet project requirements.
Applicants should have a relevant science or engineering degree, and possess strong analytical thinking, numerical, written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
· Scoping new work and preparing or co-ordinating preparation of competitive bids
· Planning and managing the delivery of projects from proposal to successful delivery and project closure
· Devising key risk management arguments - hazard identification, risk analysis, designation of proportionate safety measures and ALARP demonstration
· Technical report writing, communicating effectively and managing interfaces with stakeholders (internally and externally)
Candidates should have some of the following key skills:
· Facilitating HAZOP/PHA studies, LOPA workshops
· HAZID, bowtie, ALARP workshops
· QRA, modelling and other technical safety studies (BRA, EERA, ESSA, FERA, Facility Siting Studies, F&G mapping, etc.)
· Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) studies
· Experience in the use of software packages such as SAFETI, PHAST, FRED, SHEPHERD, FLACS, FDS, Reliability / Availability Workbench
· DSEAR Risk Assessment and Hazardous Areas Classification
· Identifying engineered performance requirements
· SIL and Functional Safety Assessments
· COMAH Safety Report and offshore and onshore Safety Case development
Successful candidates will be provided with challenging and interesting work, supported by colleagues and a Company that has embedded key values of teamwork, integrity, empowerment and solutions.
We have an established competence framework, with regular appraisals and defined pathways for progression (via technical or leadership routes). We support chartership with a number of engineering institutes and can provide access to TÜV Rheinland Risktec Continuous Professional Development courses, and an MSc in Risk & Safety Management, awarded by Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU).
In addition, a competitive package of salary and benefits is offered for permanent staff, including:
· 33 days’ annual leave (including public holidays)
· Flexible working
· Company-wide, inclusive profit share scheme
· Private medical insurance
· Permanent health insurance (long term ill health cover)
· Life assurance
· Up to 7.5% employer's contribution into a pension scheme
· Tax efficient salary sacrifice schemes for employee pension contributions, buying additional leave, bicycles and electric vehicle lease scheme
· Payment of subscription fees for membership of one professional body
· Employee discounts
Salary will be in line with candidate experience level.
To apply for a position please send your CV quoting the above job title and the reference E6023, plus any location preference using the APPLY NOW Button.