£40 to £55,000 + pension + benefits
Our client is an independent manufacturer of advanced polymer-based materials used in the garments and building industries on a site that enjoys challenging energy / heat transfer issues and complex multistage processes including distillation, solvent recovery, and extrusion.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to take on a significant process engineering role. Our client seeks a well-qualified and driven individual to support or lead process development and manufacturing optimisation through continuous improvement projects, root cause analysis and implementation of culture changes. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment as well as strong knowledge of opportunity identification, process development, process design, project management, technical support, commissioning, and hands-on implementation is highly desirable. Experience of distillation would be extremely helpful. Our client offers excellent training and career development opportunities and assistance with achieving chartered status if required.
- Provide process engineering support and solutions to problems to Production, R&D or management staff.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train reporting junior process engineer.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing processes and implement changes.
- Manage capital projects with regards to design, cost, programmes, equipment specification and health, safety, and the environment.
- Provide training to staff (Production and other Engineering) on new systems/processes.
- Maintain pressure systems register and organise inspection visits and preparatory work.
- Maintain and negotiate key service contracts and arrange for service visits.
- Maintain process change register and conduct regular audits to ensure that the system is effective, and that documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that documents and drawings are up to date. Control master copies of P&I drawings and update as necessary.
- Maintain drawing and vendor drawing registers and ensure that they are up to date.
- Provide renewable energy figures for internal and external use.
- Track energy production, calculate internal billing for utilities and renewable energy and check utility bills from external providers.
- Track specific energy each month for Climate Change reporting.
- Track utility consumptions and undertake investigative work, including leak surveys, when consumptions increase.
- Undertake DSEAR hazardous area assessments and offer advice on ATEX-related issues.
- Provide month end utility consumptions for Finance department
- Carry out all duties to current Company standards and site Health and Safety Regulations and requirements.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E -mail email@example.com
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both a Recruitment Business and Recruitment Agency