The Process Engineer is responsible for the improvement of both existing and new processes and implementation of innovative technology at the Johnson Matthey West Deptford Refinery. The incumbent designs, installs, operates, modifies and troubleshoots process systems. The role requires a hands-on approach to problem solving with 75% of the time anticipated to be in the plant.
- Updates procedures for existing and new processes
- Completes projects by commissioning and optimizing the equipment, and once completed, the incumbent trains the operators on how to run the process safely
- Designs reactors, reactor systems and specifies materials of construction
- Prepares drawings and sketches of reaction systems and documents all aspects of the system. Designs control systems and suitable instrumentation required for the process
- Prepares capex budgets, and once approved, manages all aspects of the project installation
- Prepares timelines for projects and then works to the timelines that have been published
- Follows/conducts the 6 stage PHA process for all projects
- Participates in PHA’s and manages associated actions to improve process safety.
- Works closely with area supervision, and will serve as back up supervision when needed
Are you the ideal candidate?
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or similar required
- Zero to three plus years of experience in engineering in a chemical process environment required
- Precious metal industry experience highly preferred
- Must be able to understand basic chemistry principles
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have good communication skills, including written, verbal and the ability to successfully conduct technical presentations