Vacancy: Process Engineer / Senior Process Engineer / Principal Process Engineer
Location: UK Flexible
Job Family: Engineering Together for a cleaner, healthier world. Your role within Process Engineering in Johnson Matthey may involve early stage proposals design, preparing process design packages through to supporting our customers in starting up and optimising their plants, as well as process improvement and R&D for the next generation of technologies. You will work within our passionate expert team to solve some of the biggest challenges facing the world today, and have the opportunity to turn your ideas into pioneering global projects.
At Johnson Matthey we have over 200 years of history of developing innovative solutions to the most complex technology challenges, and this includes developing and licensing world class technologies. We are focused on sustainability and our technologies will play a critical role in decarbonising the chemicals and energy sector by delivering ever more efficient, sustainable ways to make vital products and fuels and which will be used all over the world. This includes enabling the production of clean hydrogen for use in the energy and chemical sectors, and make sustainable aviation fuels and power-to-x technologies a reality. We have wide ambitions to grow this business and to be the partner of choice for all our customers. By leveraging our engineering and science expertise, our goal is to catalyse the transition to net zero.
• Execute and Lead process engineering design activities, following JM standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Lead Engineer / Technology Manager / Project Manager
• Develop and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our technologies
• Develop new process technology working closely with the Engineering teams and R&D group.
• Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
• Identify department/business improvement opportunities to enhance the departmental offering.
• Give quality and competitive technical advice to customers (internal and external) and suppliers, and seek consultation as required. Requirements for the role:
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Working towards or achieved Chartered Status
• Proven process engineering design experience with technical safety and environmental aspects
• Proficient in use of Engineering Software, eg Hysys, ProII, Aspen+
• A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative
• Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
How you will be rewarded: We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family. We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities. We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
How to apply: If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com. We have multiple opportunities available and therefore this advert will remain open until we have received sufficient applications. Early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.