The Bilfinger Engineering Division is growing fast and we need talent like you! These exciting new positions are important to our growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to our clients.
As a key member of the Bilfinger UK Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and if you join us, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global Bilfinger engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
If you perform, then we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home and part time working
Join us, to make Engineering work!
· Together with your team of engineers and designers you are responsible for the Process design within multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
· These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
· The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield.
· You are responsible to manage and complete the Process design within budget and planning. This includes change control and consistency of the Process design with the other disciplines
· You are responsible for the quality of the Process design
· You will participate in internal and external design reviews and you are responsible for the design acceptance by the client
· Depending on size and complexity you may be Lead Engineer Process for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
· Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within Process Engineering
· You are responsible for leading and driving quality in all Engineering designs and projects including, the checking and approval of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
· You shall be able to effectively carry out, check and approve Engineering and Design estimates, control and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, scope change and man hours
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you
· More than 5 years of experience as Lead / Senior Engineer Process, in multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
· Deep knowledge of Process engineering and design, but you also have a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (Automation, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Piping and EC&I). You will have executed process design in a capital project environment, understanding what needs to be delivered to assure a compliant design
· Experience of the latest tools for process design such as process simulation and other software. You don’t need to be an expert user but you need to be able to supervise, check and approve, including using remote teams undertaking simulation and similar.
· Experience of process safety – HAZID, HAZOP, CHAZOP, PHA, SIL, LOPA, DSEAR and pressure relief
· You should have experience in a mainstream process industry such as oil & gas, chemicals, conventional energy.
· We are also interested in candidates with additional experience in nuclear, pharmaceuticals and food.
· MEng / MSc / BSc / BEng in Process / Chemical Engineering
· Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
· Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
· Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is accepted by the client.
· You plan and organise your activities before you allow your team to start spending hours. You understand the dependencies of the engineering activities within the Process discipline, but also the dependencies between Process and the other disciplines. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
· Sound understanding of the current British and European Standards
· You delegate to your team, but at the same time you know exactly what is going on in your discipline, and intervene if required
· You implement a solid change control procedure for your team, and you can convince the client of the budget and planning consequences of changes
· You can lead and motivate your team so that they achieve the targets, also in case of setbacks
· Are you already an experienced Lead engineer? Then you have pleasure in teaching and coaching the young generation of engineers and designers
Are you interested in this position, and do you have this profile? Then we are very interested to meet you, and we invite you to apply.
Our selection process consists of two interviews that can take place within two weeks. If you are still interested and we are still interested after the two interviews, then you will received a job offer, and then we hope to welcome you very soon at Bilfinger UK.
Engineering Management Team Bilfinger UK