YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer I, are to:
- Assist management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability, subject to supervisory review;
- Develop and track key performance indicators;
- Participate with investigations of plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Gain experience as plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects – interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. Pre Completion Testing, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Maintain and develops standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, Piping &Instrumentation Diagrams, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Collaborate on design and executes plant trials directed at enhancing area performance Compiles, formats and submits environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Plant Production System improvements, OnePSS;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline No experience required (Individuals that will complete their Bachelor's Degree in December 2022 or May 2023 will also be further considered.)
- Preferred 0-2 years engineering experience in a plant operation function;
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools and software and the ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture Core Competencies;
- Correctly analyze problems and think independently;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results;
- Effectively manage changing situations and maintain composure.
This position will be located in the Kansas City, Missouri Bayer Crop Science Site.