05 Jul, 2022
Chesterfield, MO, USA
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Chemical Engineer are to:
- Participate as a project team member and discipline leader for large complexity projects;
- Lead project design and closeout documentation as part of engineering task deliverable per the engineering execution process;
- Lead a team to develop project process requirements and assemble estimate information;
- Lead project process front-end definition and development including functional specifications, process flow modeling, and diagrams, capacity parameters, drawings, layouts, process and control descriptions, permitting support, technical guidance, and oversight of engineering consultants and contractors, and facility checkout while leading other team members;
- Lead development and maintenance of Bayer’s Process Engineering Standards;
- Develop and communicate of project-related tasks to peers, project manager, group leadership, senior engineering, and business leadership for overall coordination;
- Additional duties may include providing ongoing support to plant operations through identification and evaluation of process improvement leverage areas and ideas, troubleshooting support for process issues, and identification of future projects with continuous improvement potential in support of the future capital plan.
- Domestic relocation is available.
- Visa sponsorship NOT available for this position.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree;
- At least ten years of engineering experience;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving (decision making) skills;
- Collaborative team player capable of working well with people across all hierarchies internally and externally, including leadership;
- Good organizational and presentation skills at a leadership level;
- Good interpersonal skills such as communication, listening, verbal and assertiveness with the ability to influence and lead;
- Results-driven with the ability to manage ambiguity.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.