- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations
DuPont is looking for a Project Process Engineer (m/f/d) to be part of our Engineering Organization.
Based in one of our DuPont Plants in Luxembourg or Germany (Wiesbaden, Schkopau or Neu Isenburg) you will be part of an Engineering European Team of approximately 60 professionals and Engineers across all Europe.
This Engineering Organization is responsible for Capital Projects in the range of $ 100 Million per year, across 10 to 20 Plants in Europe. Most of the Plants are located in Germany and adjacent countries.
Execution of Capital Projects is normally done by external Engineering Companies in EPCM mode
(Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management), by local Plant Engineering Teams, or a combination of both.
The primary role of this position is to provide Process Design and supervision of Detailed design and scope of the other parties involved in capital projects: EPCM contractors, equipment vendors, construction contractors and Plant Engineering Teams.
1. You will work closely with plant operations and maintenance to include their input in the front-end loading (preliminary and conceptual engineering) process.
2. Then will review and/or write the process specifications that will be transferred to engineering contractors and equipment vendors.
3. Will continue to support project teams in the detailed design and construction phase by supervising the engineering contractors, to ensure high quality deliverables.
4. Finally, you will support FAT, SAT, QA, commissioning, and start-up of new assets
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform conceptual, FEED, and detailed Process design (or supervise detailed design by others) as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards.
- Reviewing, monitoring, and ensuring compliance requirements are met for DuPont, European and local codes, and standards.
- Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs), material and energy balances, utility requirements, equipment lists, line lists, and preliminary process & instrumentations diagrams (P&IDs).
- Review and/or write basic data and scopes of work, which document the basis for the project and the equipment design. Identify gaps in scopes and basic data and provide coaching or assistance to address the gaps to ensure high quality basic data is turned over to contractor partners.
- Work closely with plant operations and maintenance to include their input in the front-end loading (preliminary and conceptual engineering) process.
- Create equipment specifications, relief device documentation, process, and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), equipment layout, etc. or review and approve these deliverables when created or designed by others.
- Review technical quotations, evaluations and queries, compile bid tabulations and recommendations, and coordinate with Procurement to expedite vendor documents as required.
- Act as Process Discipline point of contact in communications and meetings with Plant Teams.
- Participate in all key design, operability, and maintainability reviews (Design Review, Hazop, Model Reviews, etc.) and ensure timely close out of all review action items related to mechanical engineering.
- Responsible for specifying and coordinating FATs and SATs for process equipment
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates.
- Maintain close co-ordination with other engineering disciplines and construction Team, as required.
- Ensure that the HS&E, Engineering, Operations & Maintenance aspects of the Project requirements are reflected in the Detailed Design & specifications.
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Proficient in English and German languages; French is a plus.
- Relevant years in project work experience in the Industry, incl. experience in Project Mechanical Engineering.
- Good communication skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Able to work for different Plants in Europe with remote supervision. Travel estimation 30 %.
- Clean driving license
- Knowledge in norms, guidelines, standards (ATEX Directive, European Machinery Directive, IEC60204, PED, RAGAGEP, etc.)
- Knowledge of following items will be valued, but not a must:
- Design Software: AFT Fathom, Arrow, Aspen Plus, AutoCAD, PDMS, SP3D.
- Cost Control Software: SAP, ERP used for purchase requisitions, purchase orders, cost control.
- Design Codes: DIN, ISO, ANSI, API, ASME, ASTM, TEMA, etc.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.