The Bengaluru Technology Center Process Engineering Group is building a world class team of Process Engineers, with demonstrated design/operations experience and technical/business judgment capabilities, to support all phases of the Facility Lifecycle:
• Conceptual Engineering (Concept Selection, Preliminary Front End Engineering Design [Pre-FEED])
• Project Execution (FEED and Detailed Design/EPC, Start-up)
• Operations Engineering Support/Technical Services (Troubleshooting, Debottlenecking, Optimization, Management of Change)
Successful candidates will develop their skills and abilities within role in the following areas to lead/be part of a team supporting a wide variety of projects and/or operating facilities, ranging from: small brownfield projects to major capital projects, greenfield to brownfield, onshore to offshore, sweet to sour designs, conventional/unconventional oil and gas production to LNG and downstream Refining and Chemicals.
Job Role Responsibilities
Process Engineers will be responsible for the following:
- Executing Facility Concept Selection and Pre-FEED
- Capable of leading capital project development or design efforts through the company Capital Project System
- Leading or as part of an integrated team, develop scope definition for various facility concepts and analyzing/recommending results to maximize business value. Ensure full alignment of recommended scope with Business Teams, Manufacturing Site/Operations, Process Technology Specialists and Engineering Specialists providing design input to cost estimating models.
- Develop required deliverables: Process Simulation models, Equipment Lists, Flow Diagrams (Block, Process, Utility), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Equipment Data Sheets, Layouts, Design Philosophies, Heat & Material Balances, Design Basis documentation, Optimization/Cost Reduction studies, Benchmarking facility design against previous projects / operating facilities
- Provide mentoring, oversight and perform technical reviews of the work of less experienced engineers, ensuring delivery of quality and capital efficiency while meeting schedule requirements
- Providing Engineering Surveillance of Facilities/Process Engineering deliverables required for FEED and Detailed Design/EPC execution.
- Ensuring compliance with job specification, design methods and safety factors are correctly applied in the design.
- Providing operability reviews for start-up, normal, turndown, and shutdown modes.
- Establishing design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Development and review of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), heat and material balances (H&MBs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) for process safety and operability considerations. Selection and specification of process and process control components
- Participate/lead design reviews, Risk Assessments, HAZOPs, vendor bid evaluations, and project readiness reviews
- Development of the schedule, recommended deliverables, and labor hour estimate for process engineering. Measurement and reporting of physical progress.
- Participate in planning and work allocation process for the process design discipline
- Develop planning documentation for internal company reviews for funding recommendation
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to operating facilities
- Troubleshoot equipment/processes including heat exchangers, separators, pump/compression units, fractionation units, acid gas treatment units, water treatment units, refrigeration and gas liquefaction units, process safety systems, and process control systems
- Analyze plant operating data (PI / XHQ / Uniformance / SEEQ) to support production optimization
- Evaluate existing equipment to identify debottlenecking opportunities to increase production
- Develop scope for facilities modifications
- Steward Management of Change including coordinating with other disciplines and operations, conducting risk reviews when appropriate, and updating documentation
- Create and modify process simulation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, with GPA 7.0 or above
- Minimum of 2 years of process engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- Background in oil and gas production facilities or Refining and Chemical facilities, including operating, technical support, or design experience with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following process areas:
- Conventional Onshore and Offshore Oil and Gas
- LNG (Regasification and Liquefaction)
- Sour Oil and Gas Treatment
- NGL recovery
- Produced Water Treatment
- Associated Utilities and Safety Systems
- Refining Processes
- Chemical Processes
- Hydrogen generation
- Carbon sequestration
- Owner / site / manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Knowledge/ judgment in the selection and application of process and utilities systems in the process areas listed above
- Broad understanding of safety aspects in design (API 14C/J recommended practices, relief and blowdown, passive and active fire protection, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to design new process equipment and rate existing process equipment to determine if it is suitable for modified operating parameters.
- Experience in brownfield modifications/upgrades to existing facilities preferred
- Working capabilities in some of the following programs and data flows between them:
- AspenTech Engineering Suite including HYSYS, Aspen Basic Engineering, Aspen Capital Cost Estimator
- Siemens COMOS
- AVEVA Engineering Suite (Front End Engineering through 3D Modeling)
- Intergraph / Hexagon Engineering Suite
- Other similar types of commercially available engineering suites
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior process engineers
- A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build successful working relationships in a virtual environment
- Displays cultural sensitivity within the context of a multicultural and globally distributed team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Ability to effectively self-prioritise activities and demonstrate personal flexibility within the team environment to achieve the business objective
- Strong organizational, planning/coordination, interface, and technical judgment skills.
- Ability to interface with non-Engineering disciplines to achieve common objectives
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Willing and able to travel internationally as required
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.