Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Team Leader Chemical Engineering (m/w/d) - 18037083
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Location: Switzerland – Münchwilen, Aargau (25 km East of Basel)
As Team Leader Process or Chemical Engineering in our Syngenta Process Development Center, you will be given excellent opportunities for being involved in the new product development and acting at the interface of product development and industrial production process development. The focus of the position is to provide specific manufacturing support both internally and externally for the introduction of new processes. You will be creating a collaborative working environment within the Global PT New AI.
• You will provide process and chemical engineering assessments supporting scale up development and optimization of unit operations and chemical stages over a range of development projects for the production of new active substances and intermediates.
• You will provide chemical engineering support for capital projects and Process Risk Assessments
• You will represent the chemical / process engineering function within project teams and lead chemical engineering projects within the function.
• You will carry out technical investigations and introduce technologies to existing manufacturing processes.
• You will provide specific manufacturing support on processes both internally and externally for the introduction of new processes.
• You may lead (a) process technology laboratory team(s)
• You will be responsible for the generation of technical reports, documenting of experimental results, cost calculations, pilot campaigns and other technical work. Making patent applications and protection of intellectual property as appropriate.
What are we looking for:
• Recent graduated from university degree or equivalent in Chemical or Process Engineering (at least Master level or equivalent)
• Ideally some years of experience in a chemical production or process development environment.
• Profound understanding of chemical engineering principles. In particular, knowledge of distillation, crystallization and reaction technology is required.
• You are communicative and customer orientated and listens well and quick to understand technical situations.
• Awareness and understanding of process safety, health issues arising from chemical operations and environmental aspects of chemical production.
• You are fluent in English knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage
• With your communicative and customer orientated mindset, you listen well and are quick to understand technical situations. You are ready to provide on-site commissioning support and to travel in support of the project.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
• A competitive pension fund plan
• Working independently in an open and multicultural environment
• A position with interesting scientific challenges and training opportunities
• Scientific and technical excellence
• With your work you can make an impact to the food security of people -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma and certificates) – reference number 18037083.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.