There has never been a more exciting time to be a Manufacturing Engineer at AWE, a once-in-a-generation chance to design and shape the UK’s future nuclear deterrent using innovation and the latest technologies, processes and capabilities whilst enjoying the benefit of a working pattern that gives you every other Friday off!
Manufacturing Engineer (office based)
Salary: £33,850 - £65,000 (dependent on skills and experience) + allowance
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working in a highly regulated environment the role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to support our production operations; continuous improvement activities; optimise productivity and reduce cost. This will include the creation and configuration of manufacturing process documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specifications) in accordance with appropriate procedures.
We are interested in hearing from candidates at various stages of their career who can demonstrate experience and knowledge of any of the following:
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, inspection, moulding and metallurgy
- Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling or equipment including requirements capture and presenting at design reviews
- Experience in PFMEAs (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
- Knowledge of materials and their properties
- Knowledge of design, components, tool design and manufacture
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems, MRP/ERP
- An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
- An ability to produce or assist in the production of Manufacturing Documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specification and operating instructions)
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.