19 Apr, 2022
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
Provide engineering support for Scale up in Chemical process development & designing / implementation of newly developed lab processes at commercial scale.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Chemical process development team (CPD) during product process development, process improvement / process optimization and scale up of lab processes.
- Analyze and examine data from CPD to ensure data sufficiency, select equipment for distillation, filtration, mass transfer, crystallization etc. to get optimal process efficiency.
- Set up process calculations like Mass balance, Energy balance and Reaction kinetics as well as production cost estimates for safe and sustainable operation.
- Support site engineering team in concept preparation, taking into account safety and environmental aspects, providing assistance during technology transfer including support for procurement of equipment and commissioning of the final plant.
- Work with CPD team on optimization of production processes, e.g. maintain and develop process models
- Coordinate with global support functions regarding process technology and safety
WHO YOU ARE
- BE /B. Tech degree in Chemical Engineering with 10 years of relevant work experience
- Professional experience in the field of plant operation, plant engineering, process development, project management or process research.
- Hands on experience of Conceptual, Basic and Detail Engineering of chemical plants including typical software applications.
- Knowledge of project management including planning, scheduling and cost as well as quality control
- Enthusiasm to participate in cross-functional teams and multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive approach with good communication skills; Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer that strongly values fairness and respect at work. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, religion, gender, age, physical characteristics, disability, sexual orientation etc. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.