The Global Engineering Services Division crafts and engineers a sustainable future with world class technical expertise. Our interdisciplinary, global, committed teams serve the BASF businesses to grow with our customers, products and markets. We add value by delivering competitive execution of investments. On construction sites across the globe, we deliver safe and reliable solutions to build and keep BASF assets operating at top performance. In doing so, we continuously improve and drive digital transformation.
The Conceptual Process Engineering group offers a wide range of services in the field of conceptual development and revision of production processes.
- As a Conceptual Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing process engineering plant concepts as the basis for our global investment projects.
- Working as part of a team with other technical units, you will develop the process engineering boundary conditions and find ways to further optimize the processes.
- In the focus on batch processes, you will use methods for both discrete-time modeling and thermodynamic simulation and drive their development.
- You will further use your knowledge to optimize the entire Plant Life Cycle, from research support to capital project and operation support.
- Moreover, will also take advantage of the opportunities for progressive digitalization and further integration of your results into the digital planning workflow.
- Last but not least, you will work actively and on your own initiative in interdisciplinary project teams in BASF's engineering network.
- degree (M.Sc, diploma, doctorate) in the field of process engineering or chemical engineering
- ideally, initial experience with both continuous and batch processes
- profound knowledge in all process engineering separation operations
- experience with tools for process simulation, ideally also with dynamic or discrete-time modeling
- analytical and structured way of working in order to be able to respond to the needs of your customers and to advise them in the best possible way
- confident, goal-oriented and clear communication in German as well as English, in order to be able to convey even complex issues in an understandable way
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- This role can be performed either part-time or full-time
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Fabienne Gläsel, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58121
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/BASFSE_LU