We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
- You will work as an expert in process research and development, focusing on polymer process engineering.
- Be responsible for compliance to EHS rules in your area of activity. Initiates safety review for polymerization experiments and ensures compliance to according measures.
- Provide technical support for business units in Asian Pacific region on polymer related process development and optimization, trouble-shooting, debottlenecking, etc including polycondensation, free-radical polymerization, ionic polymerization like alkoxylation
- Define, initiate and manage research projects to further develop the polymer product or production process. Your expertise and results will be applied to research and production;
- Join the expert network within the BASF global R&D community, operational units, technologies, and scientific partners to maintain state of the art expertise as well as monitor new practices and market trends
- Education: Ph.D. in polymer engineering, polymer process engineering, polymer reaction engineering, chemical engineering, or related
- Working Experience: Fresh PhD
- Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge on polymer engineering and process engineering, experience with reactions of polyether polyols, polyesters, polyurethanes, polyamides, polyolefins, emulsions is a plus
- Modeling and simulation experience on polymer reactions and processes with software like Aspen, Matlab is a strong plus
- Knowledge of chemical and process engineering like kinetics and thermodynamics is a plus
- English: Fluent
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and personal initiative, work well in global teams