DuPont is looking for an Automation & Process Control Engineer to provide support at the Kinston NC site. The successful candidate will be responsible for specifying, implementing, maintaining, and updating plant process control systems to ensure optimum efficiency, availability, and safety.
- Support the existing PLC and DCS systems programs to improve safety, quality, reliability, uptime, capacity, and yields.
- Responsible for lifecycle status and developing diagnosis concept and periodic health check of installed base control systems.
- Work on project teams and with full-service design contractors to realize the objectives of technical programs and projects involving automation and process control technology.
- Drive improvements through small capital projects, advanced control techniques, loop tuning, and various automation tools.
- Involvement in day-to-day and after-hour troubleshooting to assure safe and continuous operation.
- Provide technical support for new project start-ups, test runs, and special procedures as needed.
- Program and troubleshoot Rockwell PLC, Rockwell FTME, ABB DCS, and Historian Software.
- Participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) program, PSSR (Pre-Startup Safety Reviews), and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Lead, coordinate, and implement root cause failure analysis on significant failures.
- Support Kinston's Alarm management team through the alarm management lifecycle.
Required Education/Qualifications/Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- > 5 years’ experience in a process controls engineering role
- Knowledge of process industry standards and codes (ISA, IEC, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory control schemes in a DCS.
- DCS configuration skills
- Experience with Ladder Logic and Function Block programming.
- Experience troubleshooting, revising and optimizing existing control schemes
- Loop tuning and control loop performance improvement experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering/Chemical Engineering OR Control Engineering
- Knowledge and interest in Cybersecurity, Active Directory, and Group Policies
- Experience with design and implementation of ABB DCS and Symphony Plus Historian System.
- Rockwell Automation RSLogix 5000 and 500 programming, FactoryTalkView ME, Allen-Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, PLC5 (PLCs), PanelViews, Allen-Bradley Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.