DuPont is seeking an experienced Process Engineer for our Mobility and Materials Zytel® polymers plant located on DuPont’s Spruance manufacturing site in Richmond, Virginia. The Spruance Site is home to multiple businesses and is currently DuPont's largest manufacturing site. We transform industries and improve lives through material science, delivering cutting-edge solutions and future technologies. Our high-performance engineering polymers, resins, adhesives, specialty pastes & films enable material systems solutions for the most demanding applications and environments in automotive, electronics, industrial, consumer, medical, photovoltaic, and telecom industries.
The Process Engineer will collaborate with engaged and empowered Polymer Specialists (operator/mechanic) in a High-Performance Work System and work as a key team member in the Zytel® Manufacturing Technology Resource organization providing technical leadership and supporting production operations, continuous improvement, Process Safety Management (PSM) and capital projects. S/he leads efforts to increase the safety, robustness, and productivity of our manufacturing systems while optimizing production efficiency through continuous technology improvements.
As a Process Engineer, you will:
- Providing day-to-day process engineering support for the operating area of responsibility and collaborating with plant Polymer Specialists to meet safety, quality, and production targets while driving reliable operation at Richmond Zytel.
- Technical troubleshooting assistance of safety incidents, process and quality upsets.
- Assessing mechanical integrity and reliability of process equipment.
- Leading or participating on teams to upgrade processes and products ranging from incremental improvements to major technology changes
- Leading or supporting PSM technology element teams and process hazards analyses
- Leading small to medium capital projects (up to $500,000) for process technology and equipment design changes
- Executing the change management processes to implement improvements (process change, change of design, raw material qualifications, new product trials, etc.)
- Leading or participating on project teams to drive continuous improvement work for key performance indicators such as: safety, yield, uptime, fixed and variable cost reductions, and working capital reductions.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering is required
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience required
- Ability to work with others involved in a variety of functions including Polymer Specialists, other engineers of various disciplines, management, and other leaders to impact in a positive way the plant performance parameters
- Experience in polymer processing or similar chemical processes
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects
- Results oriented and driven, Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, Strong technical & communication skills
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience would be helpful in this role.
- Experience in Process Safety Management system requirements, reliability theory, root cause failure analysis
- Ability to assimilate the unit operation information into actions that impact important criteria including process safety, mechanical integrity, equipment reliability, cycle time, product quality, and capacity
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.