The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The purpose of the role is to support the Businesses (UP/DS/IGNE/PT/GF) to deliver Shell’s Goal Zero (No Harm & No Leaks) ambition, by providing accurate and quality assured safety performance data. It is also about driving a cultural change around reporting by empowering the business to understand what lies behind the data, and by supporting their own team to become trusted business partners who can hold up the mirror and challenge.
The incumbent will be expected to play a key role in driving change to optimize the reporting systems and processes and providing the performance data and insights required to support the Goal Zero journey.
The Sr.Process Data Engineerwill be part of the VP TAO organization
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Responsibilities for the Environmental Data role:
- Environment Support: Skilled in EEMS portal including ability to search and compile information, incidents, etc. to assist in identifying issues and trends across equipment.
- Safety Environment Regulatory): Leads or supports assembling information and data used in routine monthly, quarterly and annual SERS reports for the Business and the UK regulator (e.g. SERS KPIs, Regulatory KPIS
- UK Environmental Statement data: Skilled in understanding to alignment b/w internal vs external Data on OIPW, Waste, Atmospherics (and chemicals)
- Support the EEMS tool & reporting. Collate data from chemical permits and submit to EEMS on AdHoc basis.
- PMR guidelines for Environmental reporting: GHG data anaylsis to show abatements and other causes of GHG changes
- Review the Data Controls and Assurance Plan (DCAP)
- Digital/Power BI experience. Ability to create simple dashboards tied directly to live EEMS.
- Working with multiple stakeholders, tools and workflows
- Analyzing and providing most reliable data on time for various review process
- Demystify the process complexity and identify simplification opportunities
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering degree preferred but will consider other applicable engineering degrees and experience
- Preferred 5+ years of experience supporting various refinery/chemical processes
- Certified in NEBOSH IGC or equivalent
- Strong understanding of GHG Emissions & Regulations for UK
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Passion around continuous improvement and sharing with others to drive site goals
- The incumbent must be able to work across multiple organizations and teams to deliver.
- Enterprise first and standardization/simplification mindset
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with a crowded and often changing business agenda.
- Strong understanding and skilled in BI Tools like PowerBi, Spotfire etc
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- High level of accuracy in work product, attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong English language communication skills (oral and written)
- Organizational & time management skills
- Ability to effectively engage with key stakeholders across all levels inside Shell and within different cultural settings
- Applicants should have a minimum combined experience of 4-5 years
- Key soft skills which are recognized across the HSE disciplines are:
- Business Partnering
- Change Management
- Facilitation and Intervention