We’re seeking a chemical engineer with knowledge of pharmaceutical process to join a startup developing a first-of-a-kind platform for the continuous-flow synthesis and formulation of active pharmaceutical ingredients. The successful candidate will provide chemical engineering expertise for the development of our continuous Active pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) platform, create workflows and processes.
- Work on evolving multi-disciplinary teams involving chemists, analysts, mechanical engineers and electrical engineers.
- Collaborate with chemists and engineers to
- develop processes for pressure reactions
- enable the delivery of integrated continuous unit operations for API development.
- Apply chemical engineering principles and models (reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, and mixing effects) to efficiently evaluate and develop scalable and robust processes for the manufacture of API using continuous technologies.
- Performs laboratory experiments to
- develop process understanding using a One Factor at a Time and/or a Design of Experiments methodology as appropriate
- understand reaction mechanisms and kinetics, stability, solvent exchange.
- Apply chemical engineering skills and process knowledge to understand & resolve scale-up issues
The successful candidate will have remained current with the process engineering and chemistry literature.
This is a fixed term, six month, pro rata contract.