Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenues of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This is an Experienced Process Improvement Engineer position located in Springfield, MA.
- Lead efforts to develop state-of-the-art technologies with significant product quality improvement, capacity expansion and cost reduction implications.
- Plan & conduct development activities to provide process support for new product development programs from pilot scale testing through commercialization.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and customer operations for process and quality issues
- Provide project support as a Technical or Process Representative or Leader in both Design & Development and New Facility Projects.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Business, Marketing, Customers and external contacts
- Direct the implementation of process and equipment changes to maximize productivity
- A bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, position suitable for engineers with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in process or plant operations
- A proven “track record” in the design, development, and implementation of new technology for chemical or polymer production. Candidate must be a self-starter, driven by the discovery and implementation of the latest processing technologies.
- A strong background in the principles of Process Engineering including scale-up concepts, process analysis and control, statistical methods, and thermodynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.
- Attention to detail and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to task and ability to organize / prioritize and execute assignments in a high activity environment.