Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenues of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
• Responsible for maintaining safe and reliable manufacturing operations during process improvement efforts and/or initiatives, including but not limited to production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
• Responsibilities include a daily focus on the manufacturing operation which includes planning, troubleshooting, DCS assistance, and communication to and from the operators.
• Track and analyze downtime for the Asset Effectiveness Management program to identify opportunities and monitor effectiveness of changes.
• Coordinate technical activities within the manufacturing operations and interface with the HSES, Maintenance and Engineering organizations. Serve as the manufacturing representative on capital project development, implementation and start-up teams.
• Monthly forecasting and performance tracking of raw material and utility yields. Production related SAP transactions and month end inventory reconciliation.
• Provide technical support during on-going plant operations and shutdowns
• Develop process descriptions, Process Flow Diagrams, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Implement projects and process changes following Management of Change procedures.
• Provide training on processes, process controls and changes to all levels within the department.
• Participate in root cause analyses of process upsets and equipment failures to identify corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Work closely with the Manufacturing Supervisor (and provide back-up for that position)
• On-call process operations support coverage on a rotating basis
• BS in Chemical Engineering with 0-5 years’ experience
• Prior experience in an industrial facility preferred
• Prior experience in Process Safety Management (PSM) environment preferred
• Prior experience with DeltaV and/or Provox preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to contribute effectively as an individual and within a team
• High degree of initiative and ability to plan, prioritize, and work with minimal supervision.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.