LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
Primary function of the Olefins Process Engineer is to assure that the day-to-day operational needs and production goals are met for Process Engineering. Responsible for optimizing plant rates, maximizing profit, maintaining reliability, and maintaining a high level of safety and environmental awareness. Accomplish this by coordinating resources available through the Plant Production, Maintenance, Training, Inspection, Environmental and Technical Departments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the performance of the equipment in his/her respective area according to design.
- Troubleshoot process systems and provide solutions to overcome unit production limits and to overcome operational difficulties as they arise.
- Perform daily assessments of the performance of process systems to ensure optimum profitability.
- Perform daily review of plant operating data and laboratory data to ensure product production outlooks and specifications are met. Monitor key process variables on a regular basis.
- Review area Standard Operating Procedures, operating limits and operating work practices to ensure conformance with sound engineering principles and practices.
- Develop project proposals for performance improvement projects which will improve plant profitability or reliability.
- Identify personnel safety and plant environmental issues and develop methods for resolving issues, including installing projects, improving operating procedures, raising personnel awareness through training, etc.
- Serve as plant technical support engineer for best practice opportunities and cost reductions.
- Work with product customers to ensure that product quality and product quantity are satisfactory.
- Serve as an engineering resource in all unit hazard assessments including process hazard reviews.
- Work with Operations Manager to establish production goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with applicable environmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Support the plant’s technical and production objectives and comply with all departmental procedures.
- Evaluate existing processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and improve plant product or safety conditions. Implement these projects/programs as approved.
- Support incident investigation processes.
- Prepare and execute Process Change Authorizations as necessary to improve process or equipment design.
This is what you bring:
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Eight (8) years of experience is required.
- A solid understanding of other olefin related manufacturing principals, including refrigeration, reaction and distillation technology and understand the relationships between the operating units.
- Relevant work experience with world-scale chemical and petrochemical process unit design and/or operations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to manage multiple and changing priorities is essential.
- Candidates must have excellent leadership, ethics, teamwork and communication skills with a results oriented commitment.
- Ability to summarize conclusions and impacts to be clearly understood for decision makers.
- Ability to prepare and deliver complex technical reports and presentations.
This is what we offer:
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialists in all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
LyondellBasell is committed to advancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
- Safety focused organization
- In 2022, we were named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fifth consecutive year.
- Grow personally and professionally
- Work with others to develop innovative solutions
Benefits Starting Day One:
- Choice of Preferred Provider or Consumer Driven Medical Plan including Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental, Vision and Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match of 6%
- Retirement (Pension) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation and Holidays
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics