The purpose of the position is to provide to 3rd party Hostalen and/or Lupotech Technology Licensees with a variety of Technical Services aimed at an effective transferring of Technology related know-how, according to the agreements in place (License Agreements, Technical Service Agreements, etc) .
The position has interfaces with LYB organization (Licensing, R&D, Manufacturing, HSE, Legal, etc) in order to maintain and even increase LYB PE technology robustness among Licensees portfolio by ensuring continuous focus on development, safety culture and discipline, regulatory and standards compliance.
Services provided may include staff training, leadership of LYB plant start-up teams (plant commissioning & start-up), trouble-shooting, efficiency improvements, new product trails and attendance to Technical Exchange Meetings. The majority of services will be rendered at the Licensee’s Site during the initial Plant commissioning & Start-up or during the post Start-up assistance periods, therefore the Job-holder should be prepared for frequent assignment periods at Licensee’s premises.
1. Educated to degree level in Chemical or Process Engineering
1. Technical Knowledge – High level of expertise in Polyethylene Processes and Operations essential, gained either through role as a process/production engineer or operations supervisor/team leader.
2. Process engineer plus min. of 10 years experience in Manufacturing/Process Design/Engineering/operations.
Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and Technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment, is credible to senior management levels at licensees.
1. Technical knowledge – familiar with HSE Design Criteria and PSSR process, HAZOP/MOC processes. Understands project management processes and interactions with licensees and contractors
2. Technical knowledge – detailed knowledge and understanding of the Polyethylene processes
3. Operational knowledge – familiar with latest developments and operations best practices, including the principles of Operational Excellence as they apply to plant operations
4. Business knowledge – capable of understanding LA and TSA framework, obligations and constraints
5. Understands LYB policies and procedures (DoA, travel policy, relationships with third parties), Ethics and Compliance
6. Communication – can effectively communicate to licensee operational staff and senior management, in a multi cultural environment
7. Proficient in main computer applications
1. English essential, other languages advantageous