When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $35 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As part of the Basingstoke Production Leadership team; the Process Engineer is accountable for driving improvements in performance within manufacturing departments to deliver outstanding customer service safely and compliantly.
What will you do?
- For changes implemented ensure that Safe Systems of Work are In Place though use of risk assessment. Control measures built in through engineering controls, PPE requirements or procedural controls.
- Promote safe working through mentoring of staff and where required use of hazard observation system
- Investigation of deviations and non-conformances in a timely manner owning CAPAs as required.
- Quantify, escalate and mitigate risks.
- Understand capacity constraints in the departments you support - Use of Plan Do Check Adjust cycle to drive continuous implement to tackle worthy problems.
- KPIs are in place to identifying underlying performance losses in an area that drive poor customer service
- Ownership of actions as part of daily tier process where performance is not at expected level using appropriate problem solving tools working collaboratively with shift teams / peer group / wider site.
- Identify waste in processes and implement necessary corrective actions to eliminate.
- Gain business approval for worthy business improvements requiring capital expenditure.
- Work with project engineers through project process to ensure capital expenditure delivers expected return on investment.
- PPI culture fully in Place and promoted through both JDI and Kaizen activities to deliver resolution to worthy business problems.
- Working with team leaders communicate the need for change to production team crafting advocates within the business
- Working efficiently with your peer group to ensure proposed changes are introduced safely and compliantly.
How will you get here?
- Understanding of health and safety legislation and its practical application in the workplace backed up by IOSH qualification.
- Solid understanding of GMP & Quality related medical device and / or pharmaceutical regulations & standards
- Practical application use of lean manufacturing tools and techniques within a production environment – typically within pharmaceutical, medical device or FMCG industry.
- Green Belt Qualification or Equivalent
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.