When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world!
What Will You Do?
In your role as a Process Engineer you will be providing technical expertise and support to the relevant site processes, ensuring that the customer requirements and site metrics are achieved. You'll actively look for new technologies to improve processes in line with business requirements and will work with an existing team of Engineers.
Day to day you will;
- Provide technical support and process engineering input to central milling processing trains for particle size reduction, processes operated in the spray drier facility and for processes operated in the Consumer Healthcare facility.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of the technical aspects of the process and the equipment and facilities.
- Ensure appropriate tools/metrics are in place to monitor the key technical parameters for the process. Continuously looking for improvements.
- Lead/support troubleshooting activities.
- Manage and seek approval for all engineering change for the product and ensure that this is appropriately communicated on site. Close out all change controls in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical review and approval of engineering changes across the site.
- Ensure all engineering changes made have safety and quality considerations as core attributes.
- Lead/participate in rigorous technical risk assessments and investigations for plant changes/product introduction.
- Support process and equipment validation activities on plant.
- Support process start-up activities through generation of the relevant documentation.
- Actively participate or lead and coordinate input into the Technology Transfer process ensuring that the processes/ technologies involved are suitable for production on the Cork site.
- Maintain an active process engineering knowledge repository ensuring that all product knowledge is maintained, readily accessible and updated.
- Complete end of campaign after action reviews (AARs) to capture key findings and actions required prior to next campaign and seek input from all relevant personnel within the value stream.
- Support the screening and quotation process as required.
- Ensure process safety files are available and up to date for processes and support the EHS team in completion of process hazard reviews as required.
What we'll give you;
- B.Eng. in Chemical & Process Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-functional team
- Clear communication skills
- Engineering change controls, validation documentation and batch documentation
- An understanding of when to call out issues and when to draw on the expertise of others is also required.
- Expert problem solver, able to demonstrate effective use of problem-solving tools such as RCA.
What will you get in return?
Private medical insurance
Free on site parking
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.