LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The Process/Production Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating units to drive process and product improvements. During a typical day they will apply technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption. The individual will identify, recommend and implement strategic projects to improve unit performance. A process/production engineer will also collaborate with unit specialists and other engineers to support process design and implementation of capital projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve advanced process problems
- Develop recommendations to improve unit performance
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for plant performance
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units
- Provide process design support for capital projects
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals
- Coach less experienced engineers, as well as provide technical training to others
- Knowledgeable about OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management and participate and lead PHA’s, HAZOP analysis, MOC and PSSR
- , Safety Critical Equipment/Variables, Incident Investigations, etc)
- Knowledgeable about Relief SystemProvide technical expertise in PSM activities (PHA, MOC, PSV calculations, RV, design and evaluations.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relative experience
- Good computing skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and high initiative
- Advanced technical understanding of unit processes
- IT capability in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledgeable in chemical and process engineering fundamentals
- Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve performance problems
- Knowledgeable of Safety Design Systems
- Knowledgeable in the HSE/PSM regulations and relevant company Operational Excellence guidelines/procedures
- Knowledgeable in the development of Process Design Packages and related economics
- Good troubleshooting skills and techniques
- Leadership skills to drive technical solutions and mentor engineers
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.