When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
The Manufacturing team at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bedford) is responsible for manufacturing and testing chromatography media (large and small scale), disposable columns, and Performance Optimized Polymers and Chemiluminescence synthesis ulations. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with safety, regulatory and quality guidelines. This position will provide direct labor within multiple work centers and will provide indirect support for projects/troubleshooting, maintenance, engineering and/or training initiatives.
- Execute manufacturing protocols accurately and with limited supervision.
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Become a process owner; provide training and technical leadership within the specialized area.
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Complete projects as assigned and obtain high quality results.
- Perform multistep organic synthesis.
- Interact effectively in a cross functional setting.
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor.
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 and 13485 guidelines and the Thermo Fisher quality policy.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily (working O/T may be required).
- Pursing a Bachelor's degree Chemical Engineering
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.