Our site in Heysham is a robust and highly performing manufacturing facility where we pack a wide variety of chemical products and also manufacture small batch chemicals. There are a total 122 employees on the site with 98 of those in direct operations. We currently operate a one shift production setting, but with growth we have planned in 2022, this will move towards a two shift ‘split days’ model. Our site is on an exciting journey of continuous improvement and investment and so we are looking for a Process Engineer, who has a change mindset and plenty of bandwidth to support growth.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with an already established career in process engineering or could also be ideal for someone who has experience in operations leadership and wants to build experience in making changes in the operation the benefit the wider business.
What will you do?
• Work closely with the LCD Heysham UK leadership team, PPI Lead, Quality Manager, VSM Operations and Planning Manager to identify key drivers of customer concerns due to process failures to establish root cause and countermeasure activities.
• Act as the conduit between Operations, Quality and PPI to ensure the delivery of compliant, accurate product via efficient and repeatable processes.
• Responsible for the management of Process Capability and Process Compliance Data and the analysis of this data to make improvement suggestions on process outputs, process stapes and process training
• Protect LCD/FCP business and customer reputation by ensuring site compliance with all regulations both legal and commercial wrt. process obligations.
• Assure process quality by analysing finished products and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes and evaluating processes against customer specifications and service level agreements.
• Evaluate processes by applying expert knowledge of processes and systems, manufacturing methods, repack methods, tooling, and product;
• Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements;Able to demonstrate and apply the use of PFMEA tools and RCCM/RCCA expertise.
• Provide manufacturing information by answering questions and requests with regard to what/How/When/Where/Why .
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Must be KPI driven with extensive experience of performing well in a Balanced Scorecard environment.
• Partner with other Sites and BU’s to manage and support cross-BU improvement activity. Able to demonstrate success through collaboration.
• Identify best practices within and outside the company, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing. Accredited in a Problem Solving role or in process of becoming accredited.
• Partner with Finance personnel to evaluate process costs to ensure accurate process costings are available. Strong financial acumen and able to work within a P&L driven organization.
• Facilitate Kaizen and 8 Step events to improve productivity and accelerate growth. Able to demonstrate knowledge of Kaisen processes and their application in manufacturing/operations.
• May periodically be assigned specific projects within LCD, which align with the LCD strategic plan and company goal tree objectives. Experience leading small project groups to successful outcomes would be advantageous.
• Other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Process Engineering Qualification or Similar. Preferably through a professional body.
• Previous experience in a batch manufacturing environment in a process improvement role.
• Extensive Experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment. Demonstrable skills in 'Lean/6 Sigma/Kaisen'
• Able to demonstrate understanding and successful application of Ishikawa techniques. Preferably, Yellow Belt Problem Solving skillset already in place.
• Quality Management / Leadership Experience desirable.
• Previous role in Quality Assurance or first Tier Leadership would be advantageous.
• Able to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills. A good standard of written and spoken English.
• Data analytics or data gathering experience advantageous.
What’s in it for you:
• Good pension scheme & flexible benefits
• Great career opportunities
• Flexible working
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.