£60,000 to £96,000 PA
Our client is a world leader in international Insurance provision to the high risk /high hazard sectors including energy, chemicals, and marine, mass transport and power. The business, represented in over 50 countries globally, has a thriving and long-established office in London from where it supports EMEA. The team is growing in response to client demand and a further power specialist with significant experience of renewable and, ideally, conventional power generation operations and engineering is now sought.
Involvement is offered in a wide range of insurance risk engineering activities within the Power and Renewables sectors, including Insurance Underwriting Surveys, Risk Assessments, broking and client technical support, and business development
- Carrying out risk assessments, operational insurance related site surveys and reviews of new projects for Power & Renewables clients.
- Supporting the Energy & Power broking and client executive teams in placing risks in international insurance markets.
- Coordination and execution of engineering support for assigned clients, new business, and prospects in the Energy & Power Practice.
- Sound working knowledge of power & renewables technologies, ideally including gas turbines, combined cycle plants, hydro plants, wind turbines, electrical systems, and combined Solar & Power. Work execution methods and project management practical experience are highly desirable.
- Exposure to risk assessed driven decision-making is essential - relevant to field of expertise.
- IT literacy to include general office systems such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access (or similar). Experience of technical simulation packages for process modelling, risk assessment, project execution purposes as is relevant to field of expertise.
- Enhanced verbal communication skills for engaging with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders at multiple levels within the organisation, and for articulating our client’s Risk Engineering value proposition.
- Enhanced written communication skills, both for routine communications and for crafting the market survey reports.
- Experience working in offshore wind, either for a major contractor or consultant. Experience can be in the operational area or in major project development and execution
- Experience working in thermal power generation, ideally for a major power generating company. Experience expected to include coverage of gas turbine technology
- Comfortable with 60 days International travel a year (when possible)
- Available to attend our clients London offices 2/3 days a week when not travelling and when required
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should forward their CVs to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency