Our client is an independent manufacturer of advanced polymer-based materials on a site that enjoys challenging energy management issues and complex multistage processes including distillation and solvent recovery units
This is an excellent opportunity for a degree-qualified engineer to take on a process engineering role. Our client seeks a well-qualified and driven individual to support development and manufacturing optimisation through continuous improvement projects, root cause analysis and implementation of culture changes. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential, as well as strong knowledge of opportunity identification, process development, project management and hands-on implementation
Job specific skills and Competencies / Level of experience
Competencies relevant for this role would include:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering.
- Significant experience in a manufacturing or chemical plant environment.
- Experience with distillation processes highly desirable.
- Proficiency in the application of statistical methods.
- Trained in HAZOPS, CDM, Permit to Work & Functional Safety in Machinery.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) with demonstrable ability to present ideas without formal authority.
- Demonstrable teamworking skills across different functions & levels.
- Mentor and coach, our team of process engineers to continue their journey to become world leaders in their field.
- Self-starter, able to work independently on multiple projects.
- A full and current driving licence.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Drive a reduction of chronic losses (e.g., Process Reliability, Yield and Scrap) through the development of standards.
- Lead the prioritisation of losses in the line/area/sector in collaboration with the operating team.
- Critically analyse processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Help troubleshoot sporadic losses and drive them to zero by establishing and improving line standards.
- Focus on cost reduction programs, energy efficiency, process improvements, and engineering service requests as well as evaluation and recommendation of process capital improvements and automation.
- Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements, with proposed capital expenditures and feasibility studies.
- Be responsible for coaching and developing Technicians / Operators to improve their skills allowing them to be more effective team members.
- Work with Project Engineering to set appropriate documentation standards for vendors and contractors that will facilitate ease of use in developing training documentation for plant staff.
- Maintain integrity of line level data including training, health checks, and change control. Focus includes scorecards, downtime data base, manual tracking systems.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly rollup and analysis for key performance metrics like process reliability, energy efficiency, productivity, yield and scrap.
- Communicate with the R&D team, gathering additional data when available.
- Take technology from lab scale to prototype to commercial scale.
- Work on enquiries and internal projects related to various legislative requirements, including but not limited to RoHS, REACH, H&S & LOLER/PUWER regulations.
- Be hands on with plant design, installations, and manufacturing.
- Lead cross-functional teams of junior engineers and scientists.
- Lead and implement project delivery
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment E -mail email@example.com
Mark Stracey Ltd operates as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency