SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
At SABIC, we combine a rich track record of doing what others said couldn’t be done, with a deep understanding of our customers. But our true impact is as a partner who can help our customers achieve their ambitions by finding solutions to their challenges. We call this ‘Chemistry that Matters™’
- Review SABIC’s major & significant EHSS Risks, accurately identified and consistently managed through SABIC Assurance for EHSS Risk (SAFER), ensuring effective control and appropriate visibility to the Corporate Executive, fully informing corporate level risk management and investment strategies (including Capital Expenditure (CAPEX), acquisitions and new technologies).
- Ensure that the EHSS elements of SABIC’s Corporate Risk Matrix are consistent with the company’s needs and are benchmarked and aligned with global industry best practices for Process Risk characterization.
- Develop world class Quantitative Risk Assessment, Facility Siting & Consequence Modelling methodologies, programs, tools and training to enable comprehensive, objective and consistent understanding of SABIC’s Process Risks.
- Monitor the deployment of SABIC’s Quantitative Risk Assessment, Facility Siting & Consequence Modelling approaches, providing challenge on behalf of the Corporate Executive and expert involvement in serious and high potential Process Safety Incident investigations.
- Identify relevant developments in Process Risk Management and to build capability, insights and influence in the development and interpretation of industry standards, codes and guidance by actively participating in internal SABIC and global industry networks.
- Provide senior expertise in Corporate EHSS Audits to assess Process Risk Management implementation, performance, and compliance with global SABIC policies, internal/external standards and applicable regulatory requirements, including Responsible Care® codes
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Provision of expert advice in the field of Process Risk Assessment & Assurance, and clarifications/interpretations of relevant Safety Health Environment Management System (SHEMS), standards and policies.
- Development of high value functional content for Process Risk Assessment & Assurance (PHA, LOPA, MOC, QRA, Facility Siting, SAFER) in relevant SHEMS, standards and EHSS policies.
- Provision of relevant functional expertise input to formal serious/high potential Process Safety Incident investigations and functional assessments.
- Provision of strategic interventions to affiliates/sites on Process Risk Management in order to maintain and reinforce the effective implementation of key risk management controls.
- Development and implementation of Process Risk Management & Assurance programs and training, underpinned by the sharing of best practices developed within SABIC’s affiliates and identified from industry peers, research institutes, etc.
- Development and management of SAFER deployment tools, including Quantitative Risk Assessment, Facility Siting & Consequence Modelling methodologies, to continuously enhance SABIC’s ability to proactively identify significant EHSS risks and support long term EHSS objectives and performance targets.
Job Specific Skills:
- Development and Implementation of EHSS policies or policy elements, auditing of EHSS management system performance, underpinned by monitoring and interpretation of national, regional or global regulations, codes and standards.
- Well-developed relationship management experience, ideally across multi regions and with governments & industry associations
- Extensive, practical experience in multiple risk assessment methodologies (QRA, RCA, PHA, HAZOP, MOC, & PSSR)
- Comprehensive experience with implementation of the Safety Management System
- Leadership of team formal investigations (i.e. high severity or high potential events per SABIC classification system) and EHSS auditing at affiliate and regional level
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or engineering discipline.
- 15+ years of professional experience in relevant industries (chemical manufacturing, petrochemical,)
- 10+ years of professional experience in a relevant Process Safety or EHSS related function, with increasing functional EHSS expertise
- Leadership and development of multi-regional teams; development and motivation of technical expert resources
- Leadership of cross-functional teams or multi-projects, establishing and maintaining strong influential relationships with senior management
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the “Apply Now/Apply” option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States