The Project/Process Engineer position requires process engineering knowledge to understand our custom ultra-high purity purification and packaging design concepts and translate them as needed into upgrades and stand-alone designs at the EMD Electronics sites in the US and Asia. You will establish tools, processes and effective communications from start to finish for design and execution of complex capital projects of various sizes including selection of execution strategy, process scope development, estimating, project planning, hazard review, detailed design, contractor selection, construction management, safety management, commissioning and project closure. Domestic and international travel (10-15%) may be required
- Develop in-depth understanding of our unique process designs by taking a lead role in troubleshooting equipment, process, or quality abnormalities using knowledge in process chemistry, thermodynamics, and hydraulics.
- Direct plant operators and maintenance technicians under safety work permits to troubleshoot, repair and/or optimize purification, packaging, and container processing systems.
- Work with Controls Engineers to modify control logic to sustain and optimize existing production systems.
- Design and specify process equipment for system upgrades and new capital projects.
- Lead project development and execution activities of projects aimed at new asset creation or retrofits to existing assets of EMD Electronics from design phase through installation, commissioning, and start-up.
- Ensure adequate upfront scope definition and Front-End Engineering that aligns to the desired business risk and contingency targets.
- Lead project execution to achieve project objectives – cost, quality, schedule, and safety, for the full range of capital projects executed by EMD Electronics including use of EMD Electronics, contractor, and EPC resources.
- Ensure that assigned resources meet or exceed the business requirements of safety, capital spending control, progress milestones, project execution quality and effective resource utilization.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ Experience designing, troubleshooting chemical processing equipment (pumps, heat exchangers, process instrumentation, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree field
- Demonstrated safety focus
- 3+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing site
- Experience with hands-on scale up of processes and designs
- Experience with distillation design fundamentals and high purity chemicals projects
- Experience with plant instrumentation and automated production processes
- Ability to read a P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
- Experience with process hazard analysis/reviews
- Experience in executing small to large capital projects (up to $10MM) using various execution strategies including use of contract engineering design, construction, and procurement (EPC)
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to collaborate w/ other Departments: Business, Operations, Quality, and others as needed
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to interface with many groups and be able to translate complex issues into actionable concepts.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!