AWE is recruiting Tooling Design Engineers.
As we move into an exciting phase in our programme, we have a number of opportunities for Design Engineers to join AWE and support our vital role in keeping the Nation safe.
Tooling Design Engineer
Location: Reading /Basingstoke area
Salary: £33,850 - £50,800 (dependent on skills and experience) + allowance
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working in a highly regulated environment the role of the Tooling Design Engineer is to develop bespoke hardware designs to support programme requirements.
Whilst not to be considered a checklist, we are interested in hearing from candidates who have previous experience within any of the following:
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, inspection, moulding and metrology
- Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling or equipment including requirements capture, concept generation and down selection, development, manufacture and commissioning
- Creation of formal technical information including; Technical drawings (conforming with BS8888), design support information including reports and calculations. Experience of presenting at formal design reviews is beneficial
- 3D parametric CAD packages, preferably Siemens NX
- Product Lifecycle Management Tools, preferably Siemens Teamcenter
- Development of hardware designs within a stage gated process
- DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
- An Awareness of Model Based Realisation is beneficial
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.