Fantastic opportunities for Safety Assessment Specialists to join our Warhead Engineering Team.
AWE is looking for Safety Assessment Specialists. It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £42,650 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for ensuring that the UK Nuclear deterrent is assured as safe for its full lifecycle. The role will be influencing the next generation of nuclear deterrence as well as maintaining the current evidence for the existing products to the end of service life.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with experience of high consequence safety assessments, however, we will also consider candidates who have appropriate experience in a related field and are looking to develop into a safety role.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Assessing compliance of product design
- Design changes and process modifications against applicable statutory and safety requirements
- Application of appropriate safety methods, tools and techniques
- Ensuring compliance with Design Authority requirements for management of the safety information and provision of specialist advice into the programme
- Generating system safety architectures for design projects
- Organising and supporting, HAZID/HAZOPs and other design safety meetings as required
Specific subject area training will be provided to successful candidates.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Experience of safety assessment or a related role ideally within a high hazard environment, for example, Civil Nuclear Power, or Off-shore Oil or Chemical industry
- Highly developed interpersonal skills focused on achieving and maintaining effective working relationships to meet common goals
- Good technical analysis skills
- Ability to manage priorities and work to challenging timescales
- Ability to deliver objectives on time and to high quality with minimum supervision
- Good writing skills with a particular aptitude to present clear, well written and concise arguments
- Ability to deliver technical presentations
- Competence in the use of both MS Office and technical software
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact with/understand other disciplines and motivate them to support the safety activity
Ideally, we would expect candidates to have a Degree or equivalent qualification in a science or engineering discipline or equivalent vocational qualification.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as required once restrictions are lifted.