Moerdijk is where it happens! Exiting projects are being developed to reduce the carbon footprint, contribute to the energy transition, and process renewable feedstocks.
What’s the role?
The technical safety engineer will be part of the Process Safety and Engineering team, which provides process safety and process engineering support to the projects and production units in Moerdijk.
To ensure Moerdijk is and stays a safe place to work and stays a good neighbour
- Lead, participate and organize HSE risk assessment workshops and studies, including HAZIDs, HAZOPs, layer of protection analysis (LOPA), pre startup safety reviews (PSSR), Physical Effects Modelling and ALARP assessments.
- Work across the site to improve Process Safety Management requirements and initiatives.
- Provides expert advice and support to projects and operations in process safety to adhere to external and Shell internal standards.
- Provides technical advice and support.
- Identify and judge the risk of facilities/design and advise practicable and cost-effective solutions and recommendations.
- Provide support for the management and health of process safety barriers, HSSE critical equipment as well as HSSE critical activities.
- Participate in incident investigations, audits and Go and Sees.
What we need from you?
- Process engineering, technical safety engineering or similar background - either by education or by experience.
- Extensive experience, preferably in oil and gas industry. An experience in process engineering, technical safety, or process safety related function. The applicant can execute the position responsibilities with confidence and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of technical risk assessment tools such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, physical effects modelling.
- Working knowledge in work processes like management of change (MOC), Hazard and effect management process (HEMP), Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF), Ensure safe production (ESP), Emergency response (ER) and alarm management.
- Experience with applying relevant industry codes related to process safety.
- Ability to think and communicate in scenarios and barriers.
- Ability to facilitate process safety assessments like HAZOP, LOPA, PSSR.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Dutch conversation skill is preferred (reporting can be done in English).
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.