ExxonMobil Billings Refinery (Billings, MT) is seeking qualified candidates for Refining Process Engineer positions. This position is responsible to provide ongoing technical support (plans, structure, regular tasks, resources and operational guidance) to ensure safe and reliable operation of the assigned units. These positions are also the primary interface with the other technical engineers (chemical, mechanical, electrical, etc.) supporting the business team.
Primary Job Functions
- Safety / Health / Environment / Operations Integrity: Responsible for risk management planning, stewardship and communication to facilitate compliance to risk management processes; responsible for ad-hoc risk screening and consulted on risk assessments within their area; support for incidents, investigations and follow-up; support for development of critical and non-critical process procedure; responsible for screening process engineering MOCs and task completion for management of change.
- Reliability: Accountable for quality inputs into Equipment Strategy and Operating Envelope development; responsible for structured troubleshooting approach and engaging other engineering resources during unit upsets or outages; responsible for the development of event specific technical work plans and compliance to turnaround process technical functional milestones.
- Operating Plan: Accountable for identification of significant operational deviations from long range refinery/technical strategy (i.e. long term degradation of catalyst, increasing pressure drop, etc.); Support to applications engineer in development of advanced control deployment, performance and sustainment.
- Margin Improvement / Projects: Responsible for technical feasibility of catalyst selection, catalyst changeout planning, and vessel verification practices/quality standards; responsible for delivering molecule management system activities including leadership, runplan, process monitoring, and advanced applications. Supports refinery on strategic and long term studies and improvements.
- People: Responsible for leadership and oversight of junior engineer tactical plan delivery; responsible for feedback, development, and mentorship to technical functions in their area.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Experience in one or more of the following refining technologies: Crude Distillation, Fluid Coking, Alkylation, Reforming, Hydroprocessing, Hydrocracking, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Light Ends Distillation
- Willingness to provide off-hours support of abnormal and non-routine operation
- Ability to physically enter process vessels (towers, drums, reactors) for internal process inspections during equipment maintenance
- Proven leadership capabilities with strong management, communication and team working skills, through a combination of formal training and experience
- Effective analytical problem solving capabilities and a proven reputation to set high standards
- Engaging/timely field presence, provides coaching, and supports all members of their team
- Demonstrated experience with identification of unit improvement ideas (reliability, feedstock envelope, etc) and development/implementation of technology improvement projects or initiatives
- Experience with development of process operating envelopes and change management reviews
- Participation in equipment strategy, HAZOP, and safety relief review studies
- Experience with unit turnaround / maintenance downtimes and shutdown/start-up technical support
- Prior Chemical Engineering experience in a petrochemical manufacturing facility
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.