Site Production Manager
Speciality / Fine Chemicals
£65 to £80K PA + quality bens
Occupying an exciting and challenging role and reporting to the Managing Director, the Site Production Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating all production activities on a specialty chemical top tier COMAH facility. This covers a range of processing from batch manufacturing, dispersion to complex semi continuous reactive chemistry to ensure all the plant and process operates to world class standards of efficiency and effectiveness whilst maintaining safety, environmental and quality standards. The appointee will be responsible for delivery and achievement of cross functional KPIs and Key Performance Indicators. Our client is looking for a confident responsible people leader who can demonstrate a lean, analytical, and strategic mindset with broad knowledge of end to end operations for production and operational maintenance teams. The role is in a fast-paced 24/7 environment where every day brings unique new challenges and new opportunities.
- Lead the existing Production Managers in the planning of production and organising the flow of raw materials to ensure that customer demand is met. Ensuring high quality & compliance with high volume productivity within the operations and maintenance units.
- Responsibilities for overall management for employees and direct leadership of the operations, overseeing and developing employee performance and process improvement, with close relations to the Operations maintenance team.
- Work with the Laboratory / QA, Engineering Manager, Projects Manager to support Production. This includes managing their performance, training, coaching, and developing the team.
- With a safety first approach, take an active role in the site emergency response teams and site/main incident controller, ensuring competence of personnel within their roles
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and be involved in improving and developing procedures, carry out risk assessments and safety inspections.
- Support the Site Health and Safety Manager in ensuring compliance to the COMAH 2015 regulations working with others to continually improve the Health, Safety and Quality systems including completion of internal audits and plant inspections.
- Take the lead regarding the delivery of the company’s environmental objectives, work with others to minimise the impact that the operation has on the environment.
- Responsible for creation, and delivery of operations strategic vision, long term plan
- Leading communications for all multi disciplines to maximise production output in a safe manner.
- Annual budget planning, Zero Based Budget management, alongside ensuring daily budget, performance accountability and responsibility within teams.
- Proactively look for opportunities to drive continuous improvement, influence decisions and deliver the results whilst ensuring a high level of compliance.
- Manage and execute for defined metrics and quality, maintain clear metrics on our investigation handling volumes, performance, and decision quality.
- Develop and drive a culture of operational excellence and drive lean process improvement for all operations and maintenance activities.
- Analysis of the key performance indicators of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause.
- Drive operational efficiencies across all processing areas whilst improving internal and external customer experience.
- Exceptional leadership, financial acumen, end to end business understanding, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills.
Qualifications, Key Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable exposure to driving efficiencies, cost reductions, waste reduction and opportunity identification.
- Strong, self-driven leader with demonstrated ability to proactively drive, manage and grow an operation and multi discipline teams.
- Strong project management, people coaching and development skills.
- Experience driving improvement, innovating new processes, technologies and driving out waste
- Robust Operations financial acumen and business understanding, linking performance with financial outputs and considerations.
- Attention to detail with ability to hit deadlines and milestones.
- High levels of diplomacy, communication and emotional intelligence awareness and understanding.
- Change management, experience of transformational, and associated people side of change.
- Manufacturing, production, or distribution logistics environments in a senior level role, managing large scale operations.
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership within a large scale, fast-moving and process-driven environment: end-to-end process management experience is a must.
As a Senior Production Manager, you will need:
- A safety first approach
- An advocate of Operational Excellence
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent budget control
- The ability to work well with others and lead a team
- A good understanding of the business and business systems
- A good understanding of Engineering asset management and new product development
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Education & Training
- You will be fully Chartered Engineer or Applied Chemist qualified to degree or postgraduate level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline or strength in experience of similar roles.
- Significant experience of Proven Operational Excellence within a top tier COMAH operational facility.
- Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach and develop others
- Commercially aware, with the ability to manage cost and budgets effectively
- Experience within a Multi-disciplinary Engineering team.
- Computer literate – Project, Word, Excel, Access, and internet explorer
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of carrying out risk assessment
- Working knowledge of COSHH legislation
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14000 ICO 18000
- Knowledge of UK Legislation
- Health & Safety awareness and ability to ensure all comply with safety rules in the team
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency