15 Nov, 2021
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Minerals & Mining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Process Engineer. Reporting to the Process Department Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for process design and process engineering activities which will include studies through detailed design and on-site assistance to clients. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Developing, reviewing and approving process plant material balance, process design criteria, PFDs, P&IDs, plant layouts and 3-D models, technical specifications, technical evaluations and providing recommendations for equipment purchases
- Developing process circuit design from analysis and interpretation of test work program results or plant data
- Participating in process plant HAZOP reviews Participating in design reviews (model reviews, ergonomics, maintainability) and managing resolution of action items
- Working alongside expert colleagues from Wood’s global consulting group as well as directing and managing the activities of project process engineers
- Providing test work definition, supervision and interpretation
- Liaising with client process engineers on design issues and incorporating client requirements in a cost effective and low risk manner
- Providing on-site support during construction and commissioning, or for operational improvement
- Assisting in the development of capital and operating cost estimates for metallurgical processes
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ recent experience in mineral processing or metallurgy, with at least 2 years of industrial plant experience in base and/or precious metals processing
- Experience working in the mining consulting industry
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer in Training in British Columbia
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills are considered an asset.
- A high level of customer service to clients and internal stakeholders is critical at all times by way of achieving high levels of client satisfaction by building relationships and performing quality service.
- Reasonable contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group is essential.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Email this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.