15 Nov, 2021
Energy, Renewables & Nuclear
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Thermal Process Engineer with experience in thermal design of fired and combustion systems in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry to work with Wood’s equipment delivery team.
- Develop & review Thermal and Process design of fired and combustion systems
- Carry out sizing calculations for the auxiliary equipment systems and develop data-sheets
- Supervise the work of your assigned reports on the project
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Provide technical expertise and support to business winning activity as required
- Balance commercial and technical risk using acquired commercial acumen
- Seek the opportunity for corporate and project improvement and developing solutions
Skills / Qualifications
- A successful career path in thermal design / rating of fired equipment in the energy sector with demonstrable expertise in refining, chemicals, oil and gas and/or LNG gained through project execution with a major multi-national contractor
- Experience with software used in the design of Fired Heaters
- Proven Thermal & process engineering design experience
- Chemical Engineering degree (minimum)
- Chartered Engineer status or equivalent
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.