Wood is currently bidding for a major Oil & Gas project, which is expected to be awarded soon. If successful, Wood would be looking to hire Senior Process Engineer(s) with extensive experience in Process engineering to join our Operations Services Asia Pac (Upstream business) team in Kuala Lumpur. Below are some key responsibilities and duties;
Responsibilities / Duties
• Being accountable for the quality of Process Engineering deliverables.
• Able to perform GAP analysis from previous design data phase prior to proceed with the next engineering phase.
• Active participation in project Design review, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other related workshops when required.
• Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
• Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and/ or start-up.
• Ensure that design meets all Process Engineering requirements and maintains risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
• Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
• Self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives, and industry technology developments.
• Competent knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Process Engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to Feasibility and Concept Studies, FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up.
• Expert awareness of international design codes and standards.
• Expert knowledge of design deliverables associated with Process engineering scopes.
• Experience in handling Technical Query (TQ) on design clarification and Management of Change (MOC) reviews.
• Provide support in technical bidding proposal, planning, CTR and schedule data as required.
• Direct and supervise a team of relevant discipline engineers.
• Responsible for providing expertise and ensures the application of correct standards in all Engineering Design deliverables in the design and development of projects associated with Oil and Gas processing, production, and export.
• Fully understands the COMPANY HSE policy, procedures, regulations, and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility.
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering from an accredited university with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the offshore / onshore Oil and Gas upstream / downstream industry and preferably with brownfield modifications experience.
• Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
• Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise.
• Competent in process design requirements, procedures, and responsibilities for both self and subordinates.
• Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
• Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic, conscientious, and keen to learn.
• Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
• Flexible with a can-do attitude.
• Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.