15 Nov, 2021
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Minerals & Mining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer in our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Process Engineering Department Manager, this role has overall responsibility to manage and execute the delivery of best practice process plant designs and associated services in designated studies and projects in line with Wood’s organizational objectives and client requirements. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing technical leadership and expertise within the Process Group
- Collaborating with Consulting Managers and Process Engineering Manager to determine the technical approach for process studies at the proposal and study design stages
- Ensuring that the Process Group maintains a leading edge technical capability through the development of people, designs, industry contacts, new technologies and innovative practices
- Ensuring that all process designs meet recommended safety standards through the use of Wood’s appropriate risk assessment tools
- Liaising with industry professionals, vendors and professional organizations to maintain a knowledge of technical advancements and how these might be applied in Wood to improve client services and products
- Ensuring efficient and continuous information flow to team members and other engineering functional groups within projects to maximize output
- Providing technical guidance and advice to other functional departments and the wider organization where required
- Assisting the Business Development team in identifying business opportunities, preparing high calibre proposals and participating in client meetings
- Identifying and managing continuous improvement activities within the department including the maintenance of company standards and procedures
- Providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members and assist in their professional development
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in mine site extractive metallurgy with at least 10 years’ experience in a projects environment
- Postgraduate Degree in Mineral Resource Management or equivalent is desirable
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer in British Columbia
- In depth technical knowledge of process plant design and operation with the ability to deliver best practice plant design
- Experience in precious metals and base metals, including minerals processing and hydrometallurgical processes, is required. Broad experience in other commodities is advantageous
- Experience in estimating capital and operating costs for metallurgical processes is required
- Experience with process modelling software (Metsim, SysCAD) is required
- Understanding of common international standards and regulatory authority requirements in the mining and minerals processing sector would be considered an asset
- Good commercial awareness/risk management knowledge would be considered an asset
- Well-developed analytical, numerical skills and computer skills with proven knowledge of databases and spreadsheets
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations and reports
- An understanding of strategic and change management, and the ability to participate in these processes
- Effective leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Email this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.