15 Nov, 2021
Energy, Renewables & Nuclear
Wood is recruiting Principal Process Engineers on a permanent staff basis. The successful candidates will be responsible for development of process designs and driving resolution of complex technical issues.
This is an exciting time to join Wood and the Projects Team as we lead the way in Energy Transition. We specialise in energy transition projects including hydrogen and carbon capture storage, circular economy and emerging technologies.
We are seeking people with the following skills:
- Deliver process designs in FEED and EPC projects
- Undertake process design work of units as required and check work on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
Skills / Qualifications
- Chemical Engineering Degree
- Chartered Chemical Engineer status (desirable)
- Experience of working on FEED and EPC projects for onshore oil and gas projects, ideally with experience of energy transition projects
- Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
- Skilled in resolution of technical process design issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.