We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
- Execute fluid process optimization/intensification projects, focus on thermal separation, process simulation and equipment design
- Execute digitalization projects as OpEx measures and/or R&D initiatives
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking of separation or heat transfer processes and equipment
- Liaise with BASF regional production sites in Asia Pacific and contribute to projects acquisition from plants
- Self-dependent execution of less complex projects or participation in more complex projects (less complex process steps or subtasks); execution of more complex projects under guidance of manager or senior team member; follow global RCP design rules and best practices and document according results; look for possibilities of optimization in projects (e.g. evaluate different solutions to find the most cost-effective) as well as own work environment
- Management of less complex projects or subprojects ; Self-dependent interaction with stakeholders/customers (e.g. plant manager, process manager, others) to clarify needs, boundary conditions, solution proposal - Standard communication situations
- Supervision of lab technicians on project basis and functional lead of virtual team if applicable
- Responsible for compliance to EHS rules in his/her area of activity. Initiates safety review for experiments and ensures compliance to according measures
- Build-up and enhance network in RCP community (local + Ludwigshafen) and local R&D community; actively use network for own project tasks. Build up network with relevant partners/customers with focus on Asia Pacific.
- Active broadening of own knowledge in field of expertise; broaden repertoire of methods
- Support development of area of expertise of team e.g. through participation in research projects (method development, other) in accordance with manager in order to help keep technology leadership
- Education: PhD in Chemical Engineering
- Working Experience: Fresh PhD.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Thermodynamics & Kinetics; Transport phenomenon; Chemical process and technology; Unit Operations; Processes control; Chemistry; Process modelling; EHS; Intellectual property (patent), Process economics