bp is hiring a Process Engineer position within the Offshore East Engineering Process and Process Safety community. Offshore East covers offshore projects in the North Sea, AGT and Mauritania and Senegal.
The Offshore East Process and Process Safety community are assigned to the following projects Tortue Phase – 1, ACE, Seagull, Murlach and AGT Cat B.
As a Process Engineer, you would be expected to support the delivery of a Cat A &B projects via a contractor during FEED and detailed Design and provide assistance to Operations, Commissioning and Start-up during detailed design close-out and follow-on stages.
Initial deployment is likely to be on the AGT Cat B / North Sea projects in optimise as a squad member. Would suit a Process Engineer who is keen to transition to a Lead Process Engineer or facilitate a move from Operations into Projects
- Support the Lead Process Engineer & Engineering Manager in the delivery of and assurance of key contractor deliverables during FEED and Execute stages of the project, including guidance on ETP requirements.
- Support and facilitate the effective delivery of the various assurance reviews required as per the GPO Engineering Management Guide, including HAZOP, HAZID, Functional Safety Assessments, Flare Reviews, Multi-discipline Engagements and PHSSERs.
- Advise the Engineering Manager and Facility Engineers on key technical, risks and integrity issues within discipline. Close out and approve HAZOP, What-if, LOPA & Independent flare review actions.
- Interface with the other delivery areas including Subsea team for Process Systems and Utilities that cross interfaces. Interface with Project Operations, Commissioning and PSCM.
- Support the delivery of the Process self-verification plan.
- Support incorporation of BP HVLs or Lessons Learned into the project design and to raise any project related lessons which may apply to other projects.
- Support to Project Operations and Commissioning & Start-up teams to resolve technical queries and review critical documentation, including attendance at risk assessments/assurance reviews.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Qualified to degree level in Chemical Engineering or similar related discipline.
- Chartered and member of a professional body such as the UK IChemE or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a Process Engineer.
- Experience of design, selection, and application of oil/gas/water separation and gas condensate & oil processing equipment and flare & relief system design. Must have a working knowledge of HYSYS Version 11 steady state simulation.
- Knowledge of industry codes and BP ETP requirements. Good general knowledge of other Process Engineering standards and ETP requirements.
- Pragmatic decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered
- Track record of delivery and able to demonstrate effective project technical management and leadership skills.
- Experience at managing change - “does it work / is it safe” philosophy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and GPO leadership.
Why join our team?
- Experience of EPC environment on major Projects.
- Working knowledge of Flarenet.
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Flexibility to take on wider project roles as needed.
- Operation, Commissioning and Start-up experience
- Concept development / Optimise experience
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment, and many other benefits!
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!