Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are driving the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our outstanding team?
Join our Team and advance your career as a Process Engineer!
bp Solutions plays a key role in helping integrate our businesses across production and operations as well as the gas assets and low carbon group.
We lead common activities across the operating businesses by centralizing our service delivery model, standardizing and eliminating duplication that exists today and moving to an agile business model.
The bp Solutions Relief and Flare team is hiring for a senior process engineer who has significant knowledge of process and process safety engineering as well an understanding of pressure relief systems including pressure relief device sizing and disposal systems.
In this role, you will:
- Supports continuous improvement bp wide in reducing pressure relief device demands and Tier 1 or Tier 2 pressure relief related incidents
- Support projects, technical inquiries, and Connexus cases by participating in reviews, technical analysis, troubleshooting, and acceptance/approval of pressure relief calculation files
- Technical approval of site pressure relief device sizing and disposal system calculations by outside contractors/vendors
- Prioritize and risk assess gaps in relief protection and disposal systems
- Provide management of change (MOC) support for pressure relief changes as requested by bp site
- Fix pressure relief valve (PRV) and flare disposal system operational issues as
- Participates in investigations, root cause identification, and drives continued learning
- across different sites
- Support of site technical documentation related to pressure relief valves and flare
- disposal systems
- Interface regularly with operations, maintenance and other site SME’s and specialists
- Develops, clarifies, and implements policies, practices, and work processes for the lifecycle
- management of site pressure relief valves (Design, Operate, Maintain) and flare disposal systems
- Mentors and coaches site personnel and other SMEs on the technical and operational aspects of pressure relief devices and disposal systems
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of meaningful experience in process engineering with special skillset in the pressure relief disciplines
- Desire to grow technical skills, contribute to improvement, and uphold codes and standards in the pressure relief discipline across all of bp production and operations
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with consistent achievement of results over a wide range of situations across interpersonal boundaries
Working in the Castellón refinery:
- You will experience an outstanding camaraderie spirit where we all work as one team
- You will receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan which includes company shares, medical insurance and pension plan
- You will be subject to receive a bonus and other elements to recognize your performance and will help you to deliver at your best
- You will enjoy a safe space where diversity is celebrated as well as many opportunities to keep on learning and growing within bp
- There is an on site lunch service, coffee and snack corners, parking lot for employees and a comfortable office space that improve collaboration