A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Arup have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer to join the fast- growing Water team and to Lead the Process design activities on water and wastewater projects and support the Design Manager or Project Manager on larger water infrastructure projects.
• Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Chemical/ Process Engineering or similar area.
• Relevant industry experience in Process Engineering in the water and wastewater sector with a consulting business environment.
• Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership.
• Proven knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines, OH&S requirements.
• Ability to engage with clients and colleagues about problems and solutions, and a passion for finding robust and innovative ways to resolve those problems.
• Desire to embed sustainable outcomes into everything we do. Desire to understand new ways of working and new digital tools to help transform the way we work.
• Effective written communication and report writing skills.
• Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload.
• Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines.
• Desire to excel.
About the Role
Reporting to the VIC/QLD/ACT Water Team Leader, this role is based in Melbourne with main focus on assisting with a strong pipeline of process work. This role will include
• Accountability for significant and complex activities or projects. This will require you to be responsible for predicting and planning future resources.
• Taking a long-term strategic view of the business and contributing to the Arup Water Team development plan.
• Responsibility for the performance and development of others. This will require you to provide guidance, mentoring, and direction to staff.
• Involvement in setting budgets and managing projects. Responsible for negotiating agreements with clients and subconsultants. Responsible for successful delivery of projects and for technical outcomes.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We’ve always been a purpose-led organisation. We are here to support each other, to do our best work possible and make our own special contribution. We’re here to shape a better world, and for us ‘better’ is all about creating a more sustainable future for the world.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.