For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Vision Care Ireland is located in Castletroy, Limerick and is the producer of the world’s leading contact lens products. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process. Key to our success has been the combination of innovative material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
We have over 38 advanced production lines manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES & THE IMPACT YOU WILL HAVE:
The successful candidates primary focus will be to partner with Operations Department to support troubleshooting process related issues and implement low complexity engineering projects on the 4GT manufacturing lines with the aim of achieving phase safety, quality and output targets.
This exciting role is recognized within the organization as being of key importance to enable business targets to be achieved and to remain competitive in the long term and grow market share. You will be a key member of the process engineering department, which is part of Global Process Engineering and also a member of the local site engineering department.
- You will represent the progressive Engineering department, and may need to report on progress to Engineering, Operations, Quality Engineering department as required, depending on the project or issue being worked on.
Responsible for providing technical support within a production value stream and have ownership for the following:
- Primary focus will be to partner with Operations to technically support troubleshooting ALI and cells yields on phase 1-5 and 3GT manufacturing lines with aim of achieving desired phase output targets.
- Trained to use structured problem-solving techniques and data analysis to efficiently identify root cause of problems.
- You will have the soft skills to be able to assess requests for support and based on evidence of work completed by other parties, decide if further troubleshooting should be carried out before taking on the issue.
- Review, update and develop existing yield troubleshooting guides with the objective of creating a comprehensive body of knowledge that will enable the manufacturing line Process Technicians (PTs) and Manufacturing and Reliability Technicians (MRTs) to investigate and maintain yield on their respective manufacturing lines.
- You will mentor Process Technicians and Manufacturing Reliability Technicians in order that they will learn how to become self-sufficient in diagnosing and correcting yield issues and provide training where appropriate.
- You will help identify relevant mechanical, hardware and/or software changes in the manufacturing process that result in yield improvements and that can be used as incremental gains.
- You will lead and implement low complexity projects, via the change management process.
- Schedule is 5-day week, on days, to support the role and other engineering projects, which may involve evening or weekend work for short periods of time, in a planned manner, infrequently.
- As required, the successful candidate will work with Operations, Process Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Engineers to access quality non-conformances for product impact.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following essential requirements:
- The successful candidate will have at a minimum a FETAC Level 7 qualification, major award qualification in a technical or engineering related field with a demonstrable track record of delivering results. Candidates with a Level 8 qualification is desired.
- Proficiency in Problem Solving by citing examples of where you have systematically solved problems and used data in support of the decision-making process. Experience in successful resolution of Automated Vision Systems yield issues will be a distinct advantage.
- Significant experience in successful resolution of Automated Vision Systems and cell yield issues will be a distinct advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Based data analysis skills in excel are required.
THIS IS WHAT AWAITS YOU AT J&J:
This is an opportunity to work with a groundbreaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits
Responsibilities and accountabilities will vary for all positions and the scope of individual roles may not be limited to the contents of this position description. QUMAS procedures will define responsibilities from time to time and each manager is responsible for complying with these processes, which supplant any responsibility outlined within. As such, adherence to company procedures is also a responsibility of any roles encompassed within this Job Description.