For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Janssen Ringaskiddy, Overview:
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established operations in Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork in 2005, on a 100-acre site with an investment of €500 million. For more than 25 years, Janssen has been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, pioneering monoclonal antibody technology - a groundbreaking approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis. In 2017, Janssen Sciences Ireland UC invested a further €300 million in the expansion of its manufacturing plant and created 200 additional jobs.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is operational, producing biomedicines for the treatment of immune related diseases and new, innovative cancer treatments. An additional €150m investment in expansion was announced in 2021.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies makes a big difference in the health and well-being of people every day. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing approximately 114,000 people. Our consumer products and medical devices and diagnostics impact the state of health care for patients, doctors, and nurses around the world.
Currently for our Cork Biopharma Organization Janssen, we are looking for highly motivated candidate for the position of: Process Engineer
The Process Engineer will be responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of equipment and processes through the application of good engineering practices.
Process Engineer will collaborate with the Engineering Manager or designee and will provide technical support to Operations and Project Teams.
Scope Of Responsibilities And Duties
- Manage and support project delivery process, C&Q, and FPX standards to drive deployment.
- Monitors the status of programs and project, provides technical interpretation and expertise, ensures alignment to policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer specifications.
- Provides technical leadership and supports execution of EHS&S policies and procedures
- Lead engineering execution of projects and initiatives in the platform, for strategic projects and across sites.
- Generates capital equipment appropriations required for new process implementation or facilities and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Ensures attainment of project and program schedules, budgets, procedures, and revenues by developing and monitoring the budget and approval process.
- Keeps senior management informed on project and program status by creating, maintaining, and presenting written reports on project and program status, tests, costs, issues, and performance against established targets on a regular basis.
- Provides technical leadership of multi-functional teams on many projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues
- Ensures the documentation of project and program activities and work.
- Manage compliance with EHS&S policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Technical Operations group to ensure alignment on technical standards and project execution for technical transfer projects/NPI
- Research business and technical issues to establish what is being done and where improvements are possible.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and trade shows, reviewing professional publications, and analyzing new trends.
Key Competencies Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Customer focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Results and performance driven.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Serve as a role model for making Credo-based decisions, helping others understand the value of Credo-based decisions.
- Support the creation of a believing, reciprocal, and ethical work environment that positively gives to employee engagement.
- Maintain awareness of the external environment, adding value and insights. Uses insights to uncover important unmet needs and encourage and support internal collaboration across levels, creating effective solutions.
- Supply to innovative and viable products, services and/or solutions, adding value. Challenges the status quo and adapt to change, taking advantage of opportunities to have a positive impact.
- Evaluates and communicates significant risks, takes appropriate action, and demonstrates an awareness of the highest standards of quality and compliance.
- Take accountability for their performance and development alongside supporting talent acquisition and the development of others.
- Demonstrates different perspectives, backgrounds, and talent to generate effective ideas or solutions and engage in open and constructive conversations, supplying to high-performance teams.
- Act with speed, flexibility, and accountability to achieve goals. Understands how own work impacts the enterprise and use understanding to make effective decisions and take actions and lead priorities effectively to deliver expected results.
Qualifications And Experience
A Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Scientific or technical qualification in chemical, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & controls or utilities engineering.
- Maintenance and/or Maintenance experience within a process or pharmaceutical cGMP regulated environment.
- Experience of standard methodologies in preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, maintenance planning, Maintenance engineering, RCM or FMECA.
- Experience in failure analysis.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of Delta V, PLC and SCADA systems
- Experience of SAP.
- Supervisory experience.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.