Ethicon is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer to be based out either San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico Or San Jose Dos Campos, Brazil Or Juarez, MX Or Raritan, NJ location.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets.
The Senior level Process Engineer is responsible for project leadership of key Lifecycle Management and New Product Development projects. Functioning as an integral member of a development team developing, designing, validating & starting up world-class manufacturing & assembly operations that ensure product quality, cost & performance objectives are met while concurrently providing design, quality, marketing & financial input. Assignments will typically be of moderate size & complexity, or they may be assigned responsibility for part of a more complex project.
The Senior Process Engineer Will Lead The Following:
- Change control projects according to company change control procedures through cross functional and global teams.
- Develops implementation cost models for project development and implementation.
- Conduct process FMEA sessions during Design & Pilot phases.
- Design, specify, procure & qualify assembly equipment, jigs, fixtures & gages, specify acceptance criteria, spare parts & calibration
- Develop, design, validate & start up manufacturing & assembly operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost & performance
- Ensure product is accurately designed for manufacture & suppliers are accurately selected & qualified.
- Provide all documentation & specifications for process & equipment including drawings, process specifications, PS & OM sheets, routers, IPQA specifications & troubleshooting guide.
- Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes.
- Actively participate in setting overall project objectives, direction & contributing in other functional areas as needed.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in either Engineering or a Technical/Science focus with a minimum of 4 years of experience working in industry
- Experience in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry is helpful.
- Knowledge of & experience in applying engineering principles, good manufacturing practices, statistics & judgment to independently resolve major technical issues & establish new methods, controls & procedures.
- Experience in development of project plans with Microsoft Project (or similar project planning software) is preferred
- Experience statistical software packages and analysis (like Minitab) preferred
- Experience in design change control is preferred.
- This position may periodically require up to 20% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.