We are looking for a Process Engineer for our production site in Antwerp. You will work closely together in a team of 5 motivated colleagues. As a Process Engineer you are a member of the Process Technology Group that supports the chemical production process in all its aspects. This includes safety, environment, quality and productivity.
Your duties and responsibilities
- You are responsible for a very varied range of tasks regarding project realization.
- You investigate malfunctions or problems and make proposals for continuous improvement .
- You make creative proposals for fundamental process changes, developing processes for new products when the market demands them.
- Finally, you are actively involved in project work: you work closely with other engineers (mechanical, electrical, reliability, etc...) and production and maintenance personnel to realize projects from the very beginning.
At Bayer, we strive for innovative solutions, sustainability and digital transformation. We develop new molecules that we apply in innovative products and solutions to improve human and plant health. At our production site in Antwerp, we put theory into practice: five production units produce chemicals, ranging from agricultural products to products that guarantee your safety. Thanks to our open culture, we work as one large team consisting of 750 enthusiastic employees. Are you ready to be a part of this?
- Master of Science in Engineering (specialization in chemical or mechanical engineering) or Bioengineering (specialization in chemistry or catalytic technology).
- Both experienced engineers (3-5 years) and graduates are welcome.
- You are a team player, curious and have a passion for chemical processes. You have a great drive and ambition to realize excellent projects where you always take the initiative to bring these projects to a successful conclusion.
- You use a pragmatic and no-nonsense approach, are open to feedback and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience/interest in operational excellence and Lean/Six Sigma is a plus.
- Finally, you have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
What does Bayer have to offer you?
- At Bayer, you have the opportunity to be part of a culture that values our employees' passion to innovate and empower them to change.
- A challenging position with an attractive salary including meal vouchers, laptop and iPhone.
- Additional vacation days.
- A group insurance plan with a defined contribution plan/pension plan, life insurance and disability plan, hospitalization insurance and dental plan.
- In this position you have the choice between working from home 0%, 20% or 40% of your working time. When you work from home, Bayer provides a laptop stand, USB keyboard, USB mouse and wired headset, as well as internet access for €20 net.
- You will be assigned a permanent mentor who will guide you intensively, mainly in the first year.
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues.
- A successful innovative organization.
- International career opportunities.
- Challenges and growth opportunities.
Interested in this vacancy?
Send your CV and motivation letter by clicking on the "application" button! If you have any questions, please contact Katrien Mertens via email@example.com or via +32 2 535 6449.