The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer I, are to:
- Assist management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability and operability, subject to supervisory review;
- Ensure the development and tracking of key performance indicators;
- Participate with investigations of plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Gain experience as plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects, interface with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. Process Control Technology (PCT), project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Maintain and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Collaborate on design and execute plant trials directed at enhancing area performance;
- Compile, format and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Plant Production System improvements, OnePSS;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
- Work knowledge of Engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Correctly analyze problems and think independently;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results;
- Effectively manage changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans